WALNUT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
VOTER APPROVED PHYSICAL PLANT & EQUIPMENT LEVY REFERENDUM
Revenue from the Voter Approved PPEL can be expended in a number of areas with the main ones being:
- Repairing, remodeling, or expanding school buildings.
- Purchase of equipment over $500 for classrooms, cafeteria, technology (including computers), and other building needs.
- Purchase of transportation equipment for transporting students.
- Purchase of property or improvement of property.
- Expenditures for energy conservation.
The majority of districts in the state of Iowa have been granted permission from local patrons to use these dollars for infrastructure, transportation, and equipment purchase as outlined above. These dollars may not be used for salaries, curriculum, supplies, or textbooks.